For 2016, the Bog Learning Network arranged a series of field days to provide the opportunity to see a range of bogs across the Southern Appalachians, learn about managing specific invasive plants at each site, and help bog managers give “the ole 1, 2” to invasive plants. Information about specific workdays is below. 2017 planning is currently under way.
- August 25 at Rabun County Bog, Rabun County, Georgia
- August 9, Cold Springs Seep, Haywood County
- June 23, McClure’s Bog (Henderson County, NC) With Adam Warwick of The Nature Conservancy – North Carolina
- June 7, Quarry Bog (Johnson County, TN) with Gabby Lynch and Charles McQueen of The Nature Conservancy – Tennessee
- April 28, Pineola Bogs (Avery County, NC) with Marshall Ellis and North Carolina State Parks